All other hardware gadgets.
ZeroOne
Site Admin
Firstname: Zero

Virtual Reality Experiences

Postby ZeroOne » Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:45 pm

vr_header_small.png
vr_header_small.png (260.01 KiB) Viewed 12396 times

2016 is set out to be the Year of Virtual Reality and the introduction of new VR headsets by Oculus, HTC, Sony, Samsung and others has helped to provide all different kinds of experiences that can be experienced.

Share your thoughts with us on the forum about the Virtual Reality Experiences you have had thus far and on what platform.

What are those awesome 360 videos you have seen?

How are those virtual reality games?

Post your experiences below and help us find awesome content for these new platforms.
:D

Megafisshy
MITS Leader
Firstname: Grant

Re: Virtual Reality Experiences

Postby Megafisshy » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:28 pm

I was at the St. Johns rugby festival yesterday and got to try out the Samsung Gear VR.

I was a sceptic of the technology but it's easy to say that I'm not a sceptic any more. It's a breakthrough in immersion, You have to try it out. I won't spoil the Gear VR demo for you, but wear some brown pants.

Casey Neistat also seems to be releasing a lot of brilliant 3D videos on Youtube! Check them out. Scott Manley also released a couple HD 3D Videos about the galaxy and the solar system a while back, also worth checking out.

Mr V
Firstname: Steve

Re: Virtual Reality Experiences

Postby Mr V » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:52 pm

Megafisshy wrote:I was at the St. Johns rugby festival yesterday and got to try out the Samsung Gear VR.

I was a sceptic of the technology but it's easy to say that I'm not a sceptic any more. It's a breakthrough in immersion, You have to try it out. I won't spoil the Gear VR demo for you, but wear some brown pants.

Casey Neistat also seems to be releasing a lot of brilliant 3D videos on Youtube! Check them out. Scott Manley also released a couple HD 3D Videos about the galaxy and the solar system a while back, also worth checking out.

I have the Gear VR, got it for free when upgrading to the Samsung S7 Edge. The Gear VR was my first experience with Virtual Reality and it is quite something. There are a few short story movies you can download that use VR to tell the story in an different way which are quite interesting.

What I really like is the Oculus Cinema function. It allows you to watch normal 2D videos but in your own personal virtual cinema setting.
The most interesting thing for me was after using my Gear VR and then going to the movies the next day was that I realized that I actually have a bigger screen now at home, albeit it be in VR.

Will test it out more once I get an SD Card for my phone, as VR content has huge file sizes.

Return to “Gadgets”