Who is interested in a graphics short course?

All things related to software development and programming languages.

Who would like to do a graphics short course?

I would
33%
That sounds awful
No votes
I would like to do a graphics course in java
33%
I would like to do a graphics course in c++
No votes
I'm okay with paying if Monash needs us to
33%

Total votes: 3

Ben
Firstname: Rupert

Who is interested in a graphics short course?

Postby Ben » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:09 pm

Hey everyone,

so as some of you may know I won't be in South Africa next year but I thought before I go maybe I could do once last cool thing for Monash. I've been using OpenGL since July and have been making games for far longer than that so I thought it might be nice to run a "short course" for graphical rendering. This would include things like linear mathematics and I'd try to go through the various versions of OpenGL leading up from version 1.1 up until version 3 (unfortunately I don't know beyond this point yet).

Of course graphics are not only used for games but maybe we could make a little game together just to formalize the stuff in our minds.

I'd have to contact Monash to see if a venue would be available during the holidays so I'll need to know in advance who is interested before approaching them. Additionally would you guys be interested in learning in java or c++? The downsides of c++ would only be that I wouldn't want to take time teaching c++ so I'd give you guys resources to learn and I haven't messed around with SDL for a little while so I'd have to brush up. And lastly, if Monash requires any form of payment would you be okay with paying them?

I'm probably leaving at the end of January so this is a very short offer but I thought I'd just swing it past you all.
I hope you're all enjoying your holidays!

Return to “Software Development”